Friday, April 8, 2011

Lend Me Your Ears (Well Your Eyes Mostly)

Sooo its the end of the  first week back from break and I honestly have to say I can't remember being so tired at the end of a week. Its like we never had a break, Spring Break, what's that? a whole week out of school? for spring? nahhh. Well anyways it went by fairly quickly as it always does so I guess it was okay. We started talking about the works of William Shakespeare in class and honestly I sorta kinda love his stories. I mean some people in class started whining " Ughhh" "I can't understand what he's saying" "Its so boring, and long " "William Shakespeare was a 'panzy'" lol. I mean the only issues that I had when we read some of his works last year not only were they too long but I just wasn't used to how he wrote/spoke. When we read the stories like were told the meanings of some words and like given a summary but I didn't understand the meaning of the actual story/poem. When we read the story in class I was actually surprised at the true purpose of the poem. It was great and the fact that he used it just to show how great a writer he was well thats just cocky great,  but cocky. The movie we saw in class "Julius Caesar" was great the actors did a great job and I was just shocked I mean by the way they portrayed Brutus' betrayal and Caesar's death. I had heard pieces of the story (et tu brute?) and seen pictures but it was nothing like what I saw today that was just wow. Also Calpurnia, his wife did great, that definitely was a great way for me to understand what was going on, I mean even though you knew Caesar was going to die you just hoped that Calpurnia would make it in time, and I loved how he was able to withstand every stab that the members gave him until he saw his friend Brutus kill him. Epic movie.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Shakespeare's not all that bad. I think people just want to not like him to annoy teachers, but oh well. And that part in the movie where Caesar got stabbed all of those times was pretty ridiculous, I have to say.

    ReplyDelete