Friday, April 29, 2011

Grreat Caesar's Ghost !!!

Okay sooo this week we actually finished reading Julius Caesar. I must say the play as a whole was definitely worth reading. One thing I've always admired about Shakepeare's works is that after all the language and the pages and the explanations, its purpose remains clear. For example Romeo and Juliet is of course a tragedy and when I  read the play at first I did not understand how the story is being set up. However once the conflicts were made apparent to me I was like " Well, oh wow this really is a tragedy." As the understanding gets better so does the story and that's what makes it worth reading, realizing that as you read play by play that William Shakespeare wrote, it gets easier. Now would some people say I like these stories a little to much that I legit am a nerd but I mean if you take the events in the story and really just compare and think this is a masterpiece, all the warnings Caesar got and still went to the Senate!!! Seriously??? The fact that most people don't even know that when Brutus "backstabbed" Caesar he thought  it was truly for the good of the people . I mean  I don't know if I'll ever read another Shakespeare piece in school again but I do, I am all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment