Friday, October 29, 2010

Zzzz...

(Okay so I am a little frustrated because i had to re-type this but) Happpy Fridayyy!!! I am so glad that this week went by as  fast as it did. I am so glad that we were finally able to finish the book To Kill aMockingbird. The book was a great read and I give it a 7-8 out of 10 on the Assigned Book Reading chart. I felt bad that the movie didn't quite have as many details as the actual book (however I have to admit details are expensive) but it was still interesting to watch. The parts of the movie that really captured my attention were the testimonies of Tom Robinson and Mayella Ewell. I think that those were the parts of the movie that emotionally drew people's attention and really made them realize the importance behind this story and how it affected other people's lives back during this time. I honestly can't wait until people see the play because hopefully people will walk away from it and consider maybe for just a moment, their actions towards others in one way or another, not saying that everyone does but who doesn't ?

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the book too. And I agree, I liked the movie too, but it didn't have nearly as much detail as the book. It was even completely different in some parts.

    ReplyDelete