Friday, November 19, 2010

The last full week of November?

I honestly am so glad that this week has gone by as fast as it is and I'm pretty sure it will continue to go this fast for the rest of the year , there may not be times when it feels like it but it certainly is. This week and the previous week we took a break from all the bookwork and essays tests, what have you and we just decided to sit down and talk. Now I LOVE to talk anyone who knows me knows that if whatever I feel is important enough to say I will say and that's what I did throughout the week. We discussed human rights and we started to get more into civil rights and I talked not just to talk but to get a better understanding of the story. However today being Friday (11/19/10) I could not really say anything. There was nothing to say. In class we had continued watching a movie called The Great Debaters. I admit that I had seen the ending part a while ago but the beginning I was so into I was thinking If every single English teacher put THIS movie in their classes wowsers. Now I am not the teary type my tears go past the bottom of my eyes , but at that moment as Samantha Booke was giving her speech on why schools should integrate it was really just a containment of emotions that speech had the right amount of emotion for the audience with enough statistics to back it up I was literally fighting to hold back tears. So I'm really glad for that and I honestly like this whole discussing/watching movies thing and it wasn't a pretty bad week. 

3 comments:

  1. i wish school would end already .

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah this year has being going by kinda fast, but slow for me, but ive always thought about civil rights and racism against certain races, its wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Gigi...you either want school to start or stop! You're never satisfied:)

    ReplyDelete