Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crazy Week coming to a close

This week has had to have been one of  the most hectic if not the most hectic week I have ever faced, but it was all for a good cause. Wednesday was the dress rehearsal for the play, To Kill a Mockingbird, the whole cast of the play got to perfrom for the whole sophmore class.  There was some very positive feeback about the show itself and no negative comments except about the maturity of the sophmore class while the play was taking place. Overall I was very glad that a majority of the students were able to relate to the play as for the maturity of some not all of the students , I can only feel sorry that were not used to seeing a play with such serious elements and that instead of really trying to grasp what the play was about, they used immaturity as an excuse. In some ways I can relate the play and movie that we watched/saw 12 Angry Men to the play/book To Kill a Mockingbird .The jury had the power to determine the lives of two people. This is the only quote I could think of that would fit both of these stories

A court is only as sound as its jury ,and a jury is only as sound as the men who make it up~ To Kill a Mockingbird

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you and I think that the play was amazingggg)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the play was good, but i had this smelly teacher sitting beside me talking during the play, but besides that it was good. but good reference

    ReplyDelete